January Events & Information
Allow Your Faith Through Works Be Seen in 2018 - James 2:14-26
- Jan. 10: Men's Monthly Business Meeting @ 6:00 PM.
- Jan. 13: Widowed Person's Class @ 2:00 PM.
- Jan. 14: Bible Bowl Team Staff Meeting immediately after morning worship service.
- Jan. 15: YSA Event @ 11:00 AM.
- Jan. 21: Personal Evangelism Meeting immediately after morning worship service.
- Jan. 25: West Zone Meeting @ 6:00 PM at the church building.
- Jan. 27: Married Women's Class @ 1:00 PM; Married Men's Class @ 4:30 PM.
- Jan. 28: NorthEast Zone Event immediately after morning worship service.
- Jan. 28: Marriage Retreat deposit is due.
- Jan. 28: 4th Sunday Singing @ 3:00 PM.
- Prayer Service will be held on Wednesday evenings before Bible Study from 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- The Personal Evangelism Ministry will meet on Sunday, January 21, immediately after morning worship service. This is a potluck event.
- The 2018 Black History Program will be held on Sunday, February 25, immediately after evening service. All children interested in participating should sign up on the sign-up sheet located outside of the multi-purpose room.
- 2018 Marriage Retreat: The Marriage Ministry invites all WPCOC Married Couples to join the "This Is Us" 2018 Marriage Getaway. Experience the tremendous power and benefits of fellowship and support from other couples. The Getaway will be held September 20-22, 2018. The cost is $310.00 per couple. Rooms will be assigned on a first paid-in-full-first-room basis. A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 is due Sunday, January 28, 2018, but early payments are welcomed. Cash or checks written to John Potts, Jr are acceptable. To see pictures from the 2016 and 2017 retreats, click here .
- Visitors are welcome and invited to all of our assemblies!!!
- Sign Language is presented in our Sunday services.
- "A soft answer turns away wrath." Proverbs 15:1 NKJV
- Sunday sermons PowerPoint presentations are available on the website as PDF documents. To access them, click here or go to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/sermons.html .
- Pictures of the West Zone donations to Bro. Joe Cammack and the Birmingham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center have been published on the website. They can be seen by going to the Zone Ministry web page or http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/zone-ministry.html .
- 2017 Marriage Retreat pictures are available on the website. You can access them on the Marriage Ministry web page or by going to http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/marriage-ministry.html or clicking here .
- Friends and Family Day 2017 pictures have been published on the website. They can be seen by clicking here or by going to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/FriendsandFamily.html .
- Woodland Park has an official Facebook page. You may visit the page at http://www.facebook.com/woodlandparkcoc and follow us @woodlandparkcoc.
- Birthdays and Anniveraries for November, December and January are listed here .
- Please share your photos! The Technology Committee is working on a website upgrade; and we need your photos of Church Ministry activities, events, gatherings, celebrations, and much more! Please share your images with Sis. Tracy Thomas. If you have prints, we will scan them and return them asap. If you have electronic images, please send them as email attachments to email@example.com.
- Kitchen Contact: Sis. Bernetta Jones is the "Kitchen Contact" for all planned events for the month of January.
- Director of Child Care Education: Woodland Park Church of Christ announces a job opening for Director of Child Care Education. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Accounting Services - The Leadership is seeking accounting services proposals for Woodland Park Church of Christ, Agape United Appeal Fund and the Christian Learning Center. Any interested person may pick up a request-for-proposal on the sign-up table outside of the fellowship hall. All proposals are due by March 31, 2017.
- Very Important Information for people with Diabetes: The Health Ministry has provided a flyer of some very important information for people with diabetes. To access the flyer, click here .
- Elders' Office Hours: The Elders have office hours at 5:00 PM on the second and third Sundays of the month. Any member who has any matter, concern, issue or question (spiritual or otherwise) are encouraged to take advantage of this time set aside by the Elders. No appointment is necessary.
- SOAR Capital Campaign: If you have not already done so, please pick up and complete your pledge card for our SOAR (Sponsoring Our Academic Readiness) Capital Campaign. Turn it in to the Leadership. You may direct any questions to Bro. Barry Gardner. Contributions to our SOAR Campaign should continue to be made using current cards and envelopes. However, checks should be made payable to "Agape United Appeal Fund". Please see Bro. Robert Beeman if you have any questions.
- This is my command: Love each other. John 15:17 NIV
- Bro. Leo Looney has office hours at the church building for evangelism, counseling, and other matters. Contact him (251-3055) for each week's scheduled hours.
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Class:
Bro. Leo Looney. - Teacher
The Adult Bible Study class is studying Hebrews.
Read Hebrews chapter 7 for January 10.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
- The Church Bus will run every Sunday. It will not run on Wednesdays. Please contact your zone leader if you need a ride. In addition, if you are a regularly scheduled rider and you do not need pick up on a particular Sunday, please contact the driver the day before (Saturday) so that they do not make an unnecessary trip to pick you up. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to contact Bro. Leo Looney, Deacon (Van Ministry).
The Church Bus will continue to pick up those who park down the hill due to the church parking lot being full. This will be done on an "as needed" basis each Sunday from 9:45 AM - 10:20 AM. The pickup spots are Heritage Lane and in the parking lot on the corner of the School of Cosmetology building.
- Homebound Worship Ministry - If you have a loved one or know of someone who is homebound and they desire the Lord's supper, please contact the appropriate zone leader or a member of our leadership. Please be sure to provide a 48 hour notice.
- Change of Address or Contact Information: Woodland Park Members: In the event information about you changes (such as a change of address or telephone number, etc.), you can submit the changes online by clicking here . If you have any questions, you may contact Sisters Dorothy Davis or Winnie White.
- Note: To all members planning activities for the congregation.... Please check the church calendar for any desired date availability PRIOR TO making announcements of your event or activities to be held at the church building. Checking the church calendar may secure your desired date. Please see Sis. Winnie White regarding the church calendar. THANK YOU!!
- Bulletin Announcements - Anyone having announcements or inserts for the weekly bulletin should submit them in writing to Sis. Winnie White by noon on Thursday of each week. You may also email the information to Sis. White at the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All information to be included in the weekly bulletin MUST BE approved by the Leadership. THANK YOU!!!
- CD's of our weekly sermons are available upon request following each service. They are free of charge to visitors and $2 each for members.
- Building use (rental) policies, procedures and fees are located here .