November/December Events & Information
"Let Your Love Be Seen in 2017"
- Nov. 21: YSA Event @ 5:00 PM.
- Nov. 26: 4th Sunday Singing @ 3:00 PM at Bush Hills Church of Christ.
- Dec. 10: Deaf Ministry Event immediately after morning worship service.
- Dec. 10: Men's Training Class @ 5:00 PM in the sanctuary.
- Dec. 13: Men's Monthly Business Meeting @ 6:00 PM.
- Dec. 15: Annual Holiday Couples' Dinner @ 7:00 PM.
- Dec. 17: NorthEast Zone Event immediately after morning worship service.
- Dec. 20: Bible Bowl Team Staff Meeting @ 6:00 PM.
- Prayer Service will be held on Wednesday evenings before Bible Study from 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- Activities For the Church Calendar: To all heads of ministries, Zone Captains and anyone planning activities for the church calendar, you may start submitting your lists of desired dates for 2018. Remember that annual church events will be posted first. Requests from other entities will be posted on a "first come - first served basis". Please submit your desired dates in writing to Sis. Winnie White. You may also email your lists to Winnie at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Thank You!!!
- The Annual Holiday Couples Dinner will be held Friday, December 15, from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM at the church building. The cost for this semi-formal event is $60.00 per couple. Final payment is due by Wednesday, December 6. You can give your payment to Sis. Mary Thomas but make checks payable to Debbie Looney.
- The Annual Areawide Love Feast will be held December 9, 2017 from 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM at the Bessemer Civic Center. The guest speaker will be Bro. Paul Woodard, Sr. Tickets are $35 for adults and $20 for children. The deadline for payment was November 19. See Sis. Harriette Littleton or Sis. Jill Pitts if you have any questions.
- 2018 Marriage Retreat: The Marriage Ministry invites all WPCOC Married Couples to join the "This Is Us" 2018 Marriage Getaway. Experience the tremendous power and benefits of fellowship and support from other couples. The Getaway will be held September 20-22, 2018. The cost is $310.00 per couple. Rooms will be assigned on a first paid-in-full/first room basis. A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 is due Sunday, January 28, 2018, but early payments are welcomed. Cash or checks written to John Potts, Jr are acceptable. To see pictures from this year's retreat and 2016, click here .
- Visitors are welcome and invited to all of our assemblies!!!
- Sign Language is presented in our Sunday services.
- Sunday sermons PowerPoint presentations are available on the website as PDF documents. To access them, click here or go to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/sermons.html .
- 2017 Marriage Retreat pictures are available on the website. You can access them on the Marriage Ministry web page or by going to http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/marriage-ministry.html or clicking here .
- Friends and Family Day 2017 pictures have been published on the website. They can be seen by clicking here or by going to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/FriendsandFamily.html .
- Please share your photos! The Technology Committee is working on a website upgrade; and we need your photos of Church Ministry activities, events, gatherings, celebrations, and much more! Please share your images with Sis. Tracy Thomas. If you have prints, we will scan them and return them asap. If you have electronic images, please send them as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kitchen Contact: Sis. Charles Ester Henry is the "Kitchen Contact" for all planned events for the month of November.
- Birthdays for the months of September, October and November are listed here .
- Director of Child Care Education: Woodland Park Church of Christ announces a job opening for Director of Child Care Education. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Accounting Services - The Leadership is seeking accounting services proposals for Woodland Park Church of Christ, Agape United Appeal Fund and the Christian Learning Center. Any interested person may pick up a request-for-proposal on the sign-up table outside of the fellowship hall. All proposals are due by March 31, 2017.
- Woodland Park has an official Facebook page. You may visit the page at http://www.facebook.com/woodlandparkcoc and follow us @woodlandparkcoc.
- Very Important Information for people with Diabetes: The Health Ministry has provided a flyer of some very important information for people with diabetes. To access the flyer, click here .
- Elders' Office Hours: The Elders have office hours at 5:00 PM on the second and third Sundays of the month. Any member who has any matter, concern, issue or question (spiritual or otherwise) are encouraged to take advantage of this time set aside by the Elders. No appointment is necessary.
- SOAR Capital Campaign: If you have not already done so, please pick up and complete your pledge card for our SOAR (Sponsoring Our Academic Readiness) Capital Campaign. Turn it in to the Leadership. You may direct any questions to Bro. Barry Gardner. Contributions to our SOAR Campaign should continue to be made using current cards and envelopes. However, checks should be made payable to "Agape United Appeal Fund". Please see Bro. Robert Beeman if you have any questions.
- Bro. Leo Looney has office hours at the church building for evangelism, counseling, and other matters. Contact him (251-3055) for each week's scheduled hours.
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Class:
Bro. Leo Looney. - Teacher
The Adult Bible Study class is studying Hebrews chapter 6.
Will discuss Hebrews chapter 6 on November 22.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
- The Church Bus will run every Sunday. It will not run on Wednesdays. Please contact your zone leader if you need a ride. In addition, if you are a regularly scheduled rider and you do not need pick up on a particular Sunday, please contact the driver the day before (Saturday) so that they do not make an unnecessary trip to pick you up. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to contact Bro. Leo Looney, Deacon (Van Ministry).
The Church Bus will continue to pick up those who park down the hill due to the church parking lot being full. This will be done on an "as needed" basis each Sunday from 9:45 AM - 10:20 AM. The pickup spots are Heritage Lane and in the parking lot on the corner of the School of Cosmetology building.
- Homebound Worship Ministry - If you have a loved one or know of someone who is homebound and they desire the Lord's supper, please contact the appropriate zone leader or a member of our leadership. Please be sure to provide a 48 hour notice.
- Change of Address or Contact Information: Woodland Park Members: In the event information about you changes (such as a change of address or telephone number, etc.), you can submit the changes online by clicking here . If you have any questions, you may contact Sisters Dorothy Davis or Winnie White.
- Note: To all members planning activities for the congregation.... Please check the church calendar for any desired date availability PRIOR TO making announcements of your event or activities to be held at the church building. Checking the church calendar may secure your desired date. Please see Sis. Winnie White regarding the church calendar. THANK YOU!!
- Bulletin Announcements - Anyone having announcements or inserts for the weekly bulletin should submit them in writing to Sis. Winnie White by noon on Thursday of each week. You may also email the information to Sis. White at the following email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. All information to be included in the weekly bulletin MUST BE approved by the Leadership. THANK YOU!!!
- CD's of our weekly sermons are available upon request following each service. They are free of charge to visitors and $2 each for members.
- Building use (rental) policies, procedures and fees are located here .