June Events & Information
"Let Your Love Be Seen in 2017"
- June 18: American Sign Language class began at 4:30 PM.
- June 21: Bible Bowl Team Staff Meeting @ 6:00 PM.
- June 22: Choral Group special practice @ 6:00 PM.
- June 24: Married Ladies Class @ 1:00 PM; Married Men's Class @ 4:30 PM.
- June 25: Summer SLAM meeting immediately after morning worship service.
- June 25: Bible Bowl Lock-In #1 from 12 Noon - 5:50 PM.
- June 25: Marriage Ministry Getaway final payment is due.
- June 25: 4th Sunday Singing @ 3:00 PM at Woodland Park Church of Christ. Evening service will start immediately after the 4th Sunday Singing, approximately 4:15 - 4:30 PM.
- Prayer Service will be held on Wednesday evenings before Bible Study from 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- The Summer SLAM Enrichment Program last 2 dates are July 1 and July 8.
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF Summer SLAM participants! There will be a short meeting after morning worship service on Sunday, June 25. Please stay for this meeting for more information regarding the graduation/luncheon.
- Men's Retreat Update: Our retreat planning is almost over! If you plan to attend, please sign up on the sheet on the foyer table near the multi-purpose room. The cost is $150.00. See Bro. Keith Wright or Bro. Antoine Acosta to make your payments. Please make all checks payable to Keith Wright. Immediately after each service, these brothers will be down front to collect payments. See Bro. Excell Green with any questions you may have.
- American Sign Language class: a new session begins on Sunday, June 18. Men and women are invited. ASL class will meet each first and third Sunday at 4:30 PM - 5:45 PM. Bring a notebook for handouts and assignments. There is a sign up sheet on the table by the multi-purpose room.
- The Choral Group will have a special practice on Thursday, June 22, at 6:00 PM.
- Marriage Ministry Getaway final payment of $80.00 for the 2017 Getaway is due on Sunday, June 25.
- The Married Ladies and Married Men's Classes will be Saturday, June 24. The ladies will meet at 1:00 PM at the church building and the men's class will be held at the home of Bro. Joe and Sis. Pat Carter at 4:30 PM. The last half of chapter ten will be the chapter of discussion.
- Combined Married Class is scheduled for July 22 at the church building at 1:00 PM. Sign up TODAY if you plan to attend.
- Exercise Classes are being proposed by the Health Ministry. The proposed classes will be an hour in duration and will be done on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays. See the flyer for more information and to make your choice.
- Summer SLAM Graduation Luncheon for the participants is set for July 8 from 10:45 AM to 1:00 PM. This will be a semi-formal event. For more information, access the flyer by clicking here .
- VBS IS COMING!!! VBS IS COMING!!! VBS IS COMING!!! VBS IS COMING!!!
Our annual VBS (Vacation Bible School) is scheduled for July 19-21, 2017. We will be taking a trip to Peru! Please mark your calendars and be in attendance. You DO NOT want to miss this very exciting, fun-filled, spiritually uplifting event!!! If you would like to help with VBS, please sign up on the sheet in the foyer near the multi-purpose room. See Sis. Calandra Omar or Sis. Angela Watkins if you have any questions.
- Woodland Park's Men's Retreat 2017 has been scheduled for October 13-14, 2017 at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort in Hoover. This year's theme is appropriately titled "Leading By Example". For more detailed information, click here for the flyer and click here for the card.
- Visitors are welcome and invited to all of our assemblies!!!
- Sunday sermons PowerPoint presentations are available on the website as PDF documents. To access them, click here or go to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/sermons.html .
- Woodland Park has an official Facebook page. You may visit the page at http://www.facebook.com/woodlandparkcoc and follow us @woodlandparkcoc.
- Activities for the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl are in progress. The study texts for 2017 are Mark, Philippians and Colossians. Copies of the text are being printed and will be distributed at the Sunday afternoon session on June 4, 2017. Bible Bowl study sessions will be held in the new facility. Room assignments will be announced on Sunday, May 28, 2017. The deadline for designs in the T-Shirt contest is Sunday, June 4, 2017. The designs will be voted on Wednesday, June 7, 2017. Please submit the designs to Sis. Nichole York or Bro. Larry Shearry. Parents, please sign the Guidelines Commitment form for your scholars as soon as possible. The form was emailed to all parents, whose children signed up, based on the email addresses we had from last year. Bro. Larry Shearry also has printed copies available. A Parent Information package is also available that includes a Hotel reservation form. Hotel reservations should be given to Sis. Mary Thomas. See Sis. Thomas also if you would like to start a pre-payment plan for your room. The Scholar signup sheet is still available by the multi-purpose room for any students who have NOT already signed up, but would like to participate. If you have any questions about the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl activities, please contact Bro. Shearry at firstname.lastname@example.org . Let's continue creating "An Environment Where Excellence is Expected".
- Friends and Family Day 2017 pictures have been published on the website. They can be seen by clicking here or by going to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/FriendsandFamily.html .
- Director of Child Care Education: Woodland Park Church of Christ announces a job opening for Director of Child Care Education. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Accounting Services - The Leadership is seeking accounting services proposals for Woodland Park Church of Christ, Agape United Appeal Fund and the Christian Learning Center. Any interested person may pick up a request-for-proposal on the sign-up table outside of the fellowship hall. All proposals are due by March 31, 2017.
- Birthdays for March, April and May are listed here .
- Very Important Information for people with Diabetes: The Health Ministry has provided a flyer of some very important information for people with diabetes. To access the flyer, click here .
- Calling all college students along with juniors and seniors in high school... Keep up with what's going on in the Woodland Park Church of Christ College Ministry via Remind! Enter this number 81010 and text this message "@wpcoccm". You will receive updates and reminders from the college ministry. Join Remind today!
- A Prayer Request email distribution list is being set up. Anyone needing prayer can send an email to the following address: PrayerRequest@woodlandparkcoc.com and that request will be sent to everyone on the distribution list. This distribution list needs to be developed. Anyone who would like to RECEIVE these requests should send an empty email using "Prayer Request" as the subject to TechComm@woodlandparkcoc.com. Your email address will then be added to the list. If you have any questions, please contact Bro. Larry Shearry or Bro. Corey York.
- Elders' Office Hours: The Elders have office hours at 5:00 PM on the second and third Sundays of the month. Any member who has any matter, concern, issue or question (spiritual or otherwise) are encouraged to take advantage of this time set aside by the Elders. No appointment is necessary.
- SOAR Capital Campaign: If you have not already done so, please pick up and complete your pledge card for our SOAR (Sponsoring Our Academic Readiness) Capital Campaign. Turn it in to the Leadership. You may direct any questions to Bro. Barry Gardner. Contributions to our SOAR Campaign should continue to be made using current cards and envelopes. However, checks should be made payable to "Agape United Appeal Fund". Please see Bro. Robert Beeman if you have any questions.
- Bro. Leo Looney has office hours at the church building for evangelism, counseling, and other matters. Contact him (251-3055) for each week's scheduled hours.
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Class:
Bro. Dennis Steverson, Sr. - Teacher
Memorize 2 Peter 1:5-6 for June 28.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
- The Church Bus will run every Sunday. It will not run on Wednesdays. Please contact your zone leader if you need a ride. In addition, if you are a regularly scheduled rider and you do not need pick up on a particular Sunday, please contact the driver the day before (Saturday) so that they do not make an unnecessary trip to pick you up. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to contact Bro. Leo Looney, Deacon (Van Ministry).
The Church Bus will continue to pick up those who park down the hill due to the church parking lot being full. This will be done on an "as needed" basis each Sunday from 9:45 AM - 10:20 AM. The pickup spots are Heritage Lane and in the parking lot on the corner of the School of Cosmetology building.
- Homebound Worship Ministry - If you have a loved one or know of someone who is homebound and they desire the Lord's supper, please contact the appropriate zone leader or a member of our leadership. Please be sure to provide a 48 hour notice.
- Change of Address or Contact Information: Woodland Park Members: In the event information about you changes (such as a change of address or telephone number, etc.), you can submit the changes online by clicking here . If you have any questions, you may contact Sisters Dorothy Davis or Winnie White.
- Note: To all members planning activities for the congregation.... Please check the church calendar for any desired date availability PRIOR TO making announcements of your event or activities to be held at the church building. Checking the church calendar may secure your desired date. Please see Sis. Winnie White regarding the church calendar. THANK YOU!!
- Bulletin Announcements - Anyone having announcements or inserts for the weekly bulletin should submit them in writing to Sis. Winnie White by noon on Thursday of each week. You may also email the information to Sis. White at the following email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. All information to be included in the weekly bulletin MUST BE approved by the Leadership. THANK YOU!!!
- CD's of our weekly sermons are available upon request following each service. They are free of charge to visitors and $2 each for members.
- Building use (rental) policies, procedures and fees are located here .