May Events & Information
"Let Your Love Be Seen in 2017"
- May 25: West Zone Meeting @ 6:00 PM.
- May 27: Health Ministry's CPR Class from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
- May 27: Married Ladies' Class @ 1:00 PM; Married Men's Class @ 4:30 PM.
- May 28: 4th Sunday Singing @ 3:00 PM at Westside Church of Christ.
- Prayer Service will be held on Wednesday evenings before Bible Study from 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- The "Summer Slam" Enrichment Program has started. The next Summer Slam session will be held on June 3. Please see the flyer for specific dates and more detailed information. Members, please consider signing up for a lunch item for the participants sack lunch. The sign-up sheet is available on the table outside the multi-purpose room. The Summer Slam staff is also seeking additional tutors for math, reading and pre-K.
- The Married Ladies' class will be held at 1:00 PM and the Married Men's class will be hosted by Bro. and Sis. Mark Hudson at 4:30 PM. Both classes will be at the church building on May 27. The chapter of discussion is Chapter 10 in the "10 Commandments of Marriage".
- Woodland Park's Men's Retreat 2017 has been scheduled for October 13-14, 2017 at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort in Hoover. This year's theme is appropriately titled "Leading By Example". For more detailed information, here click for the flyer.
- Sunday sermons PowerPoint presentations are available on the website as PDF documents. To access them, click here or go to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/sermons.html .
- Activities for the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl are in progress. The study texts for 2017 are Mark, Philippians and Colossians. Copies of the text are being printed and will be distributed at the Sunday afternoon session on June 4, 2017. Bible Bowl study sessions will be held in the new facility. Room assignments will be announced on Sunday, May 28, 2017. The deadline for designs in the T-Shirt contest is Sunday, June 4, 2017. The designs will be voted on Wednesday, June 7, 2017. Please submit the designs to Sis. Nichole York or Bro. Larry Shearry. Parents, please sign the Guidelines Commitment form for your scholars as soon as possible. The form was emailed to all parents, whose children signed up, based on the email addresses we had from last year. Bro. Larry Shearry also has printed copies available. A Parent Information package is also available that includes a Hotel reservation form. Hotel reservations should be given to Sis. Mary Thomas. See Sis. Thomas also if you would like to start a pre-payment plan for your room. The Scholar signup sheet is still available by the multi-purpose room for any students who have NOT already signed up, but would like to participate. If you have any questions about the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl activities, please contact Bro. Shearry at firstname.lastname@example.org . Let's continue creating "An Environment Where Excellence is Expected".
- Friends and Family Day 2017 pictures have been published on the website. They can be seen by clicking here or by going to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/FriendsandFamily.html .
- From the Singles Ministry: Our class study book, "Are You Seriously Single?", is available for $12.00. Please see Bro. Jason Williams, Bro. Ray Hildreth or Bro. Paul Woodard, Sr. to purchase. Please make checks payable to: Woodland Park Church of Christ.
- Director of Child Care Education: Woodland Park Church of Christ announces a job opening for Director of Child Care Education. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Accounting Services - The Leadership is seeking accounting services proposals for Woodland Park Church of Christ, Agape United Appeal Fund and the Christian Learning Center. Any interested person may pick up a request-for-proposal on the sign-up table outside of the fellowship hall. All proposals are due by March 31, 2017.
- Birthdays for March, April and May are listed here .
- Very Important Information for people with Diabetes: The Health Ministry has provided a flyer of some very important information for people with diabetes. To access the flyer, click here .
- Calling all college students along with juniors and seniors in high school... Keep up with what's going on in the Woodland Park Church of Christ College Ministry via Remind! Enter this number 81010 and text this message "@wpcoccm". You will receive updates and reminders from the college ministry. Join Remind today!
- A Prayer Request email distribution list is being set up. Anyone needing prayer can send an email to the following address: PrayerRequest@woodlandparkcoc.com and that request will be sent to everyone on the distribution list. This distribution list needs to be developed. Anyone who would like to RECEIVE these requests should send an empty email using "Prayer Request" as the subject to TechComm@woodlandparkcoc.com. Your email address will then be added to the list. If you have any questions, please contact Bro. Larry Shearry or Bro. Corey York.
- Elders' Office Hours: The Elders have office hours at 5:00 PM on the second and third Sundays of the month. Any member who has any matter, concern, issue or question (spiritual or otherwise) are encouraged to take advantage of this time set aside by the Elders. No appointment is necessary.
- SOAR Capital Campaign: If you have not already done so, please pick up and complete your pledge card for our SOAR (Sponsoring Our Academic Readiness) Capital Campaign. Turn it in to the Leadership. You may direct any questions to Bro. Barry Gardner. Contributions to our SOAR Campaign should continue to be made using current cards and envelopes. However, checks should be made payable to "Agape United Appeal Fund". Please see Bro. Robert Beeman if you have any questions.
- Bro. Leo Looney has office hours at the church building for evangelism, counseling, and other matters. Contact him (251-3055) for each week's scheduled hours.
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Class:
Bro. Paul Woodard, Sr. - Teacher
Studying Colossians. Will discuss Colossians chapter 4 for May 24.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
- The Church Bus will run every Sunday. It will not run on Wednesdays. Please contact your zone leader if you need a ride. In addition, if you are a regularly scheduled rider and you do not need pick up on a particular Sunday, please contact the driver the day before (Saturday) so that they do not make an unnecessary trip to pick you up. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to contact Bro. Leo Looney, Deacon (Van Ministry).
The Church Bus will continue to pick up those who park down the hill due to the church parking lot being full. This will be done on an "as needed" basis each Sunday from 9:45 AM - 10:20 AM. The pickup spots are Heritage Lane and in the parking lot on the corner of the School of Cosmetology building.
- Homebound Worship Ministry - If you have a loved one or know of someone who is homebound and they desire the Lord's supper, please contact the appropriate zone leader or a member of our leadership. Please be sure to provide a 48 hour notice.
- Change of Address or Contact Information: Woodland Park Members: In the event information about you changes (such as a change of address or telephone number, etc.), you can submit the changes online by clicking here . If you have any questions, you may contact Sisters Dorothy Davis or Winnie White.
- Note: To all members planning activities for the congregation.... Please check the church calendar for any desired date availability PRIOR TO making announcements of your event or activities to be held at the church building. Checking the church calendar may secure your desired date. Please see Sis. Winnie White regarding the church calendar. THANK YOU!!
- Bulletin Announcements - Anyone having announcements or inserts for the weekly bulletin should submit them in writing to Sis. Winnie White by noon on Thursday of each week. You may also email the information to Sis. White at the following email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. All information to be included in the weekly bulletin MUST BE approved by the Leadership. THANK YOU!!!
- CD's of our weekly sermons are available upon request following each service. They are free of charge to visitors and $2 each for members.
- Building use (rental) policies, procedures and fees are located here .