July Events & Information
"Let Your Love Be Seen in 2017"
- July 30: Bible Bowl Lock-In #2 from 12 Noon - 5:50 PM.
- July 30: Choral Group performs for the congregation immediately after evening worship service.
- Prayer Service will be held on Wednesday evenings before Bible Study from 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- Magic City Lectureship: Tickets for the 2017 Magic City Lectureship are now on sale for $30.00. Please see Bro. Pitts to get your tickets. The Lectureship will be held September 10, 2017 at the Bessemer Civic Center from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Woodland Park's Back To School Supply Drive has started and will run until July 30. See the flyer for more details.
- American Sign Language class will meet each first and third Sunday at 4:30 PM - 5:45 PM in Classroom #5. Please complete assignments before each class and bring a notebook for handouts.
- Men's Retreat Update: Our retreat planning is almost over! If you plan to attend, please sign up on the sheet on the foyer table near the multi-purpose room. The cost is $150.00. See Bro. Keith Wright or Bro. Antoine Acosta to make your payments. Please make all checks payable to Keith Wright. Immediately after each service, these brothers will be down front to collect payments. See Bro. Excell Green with any questions you may have. To all men who have signed up and to those who will sign up for our men's retreat, please put your t-shirt size beside your name on the list. See Bro. Excell Green if you have any questions.
- Woodland Park's Men's Retreat 2017 has been scheduled for October 13-14, 2017 at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort in Hoover. This year's theme is appropriately titled "Leading By Example". For more detailed information, click here for the flyer and click here for the card.
- Visitors are welcome and invited to all of our assemblies!!!
- Sign Language is presented in our Sunday services.
- Sunday sermons PowerPoint presentations are available on the website as PDF documents. To access them, click here or go to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/sermons.html .
- Bible Bowl Hotel: Arrangements have been made at the LaQuinta Inn in Cookeville, TN for Friday, September 8, 2017, at a cost of $100.00 per room. If you would like to reserve a room, please complete and return the reservation form. If your child is eligible for recognition at this year's event as a 5 or 10 year participant, please let us know ASAP. Orders for Bible Bowl T-shirts will be taken outside the multi-purpose room after morning worship service on Sunday, July 23 and July 30. Make all checks payable to "Woodland Park Church of Christ". All hotel reservations, payments for t-shirts orders, and names for Bible Bowl participants celebrating 5 or 10 year milestones are due by Sunday, July 30.
- Woodland Park has an official Facebook page. You may visit the page at http://www.facebook.com/woodlandparkcoc and follow us @woodlandparkcoc.
- The Marriage Ministry has announced a new book for the married couples classes. It is "I Love You and I Like You (How to Be Married and Still Be Friends)" by Steve and Annie Chapman. The Married Couples classes are scheduled to start the new book in the August 2017 classes.
- Activities for the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl are in progress. The study texts for 2017 are Mark, Philippians and Colossians. Bible Bowl study sessions will be held in the new facility. Parents, please sign the Guidelines Commitment form for your scholars as soon as possible. The form was emailed to all parents, whose children signed up, based on the email addresses we had from last year. Bro. Larry Shearry also has printed copies available. A Parent Information package is also available that includes a Hotel reservation form. Hotel reservations should be given to Sis. Mary Thomas. See Sis. Thomas also if you would like to start a pre-payment plan for your room. The Scholar signup sheet is still available by the multi-purpose room for any students who have NOT already signed up, but would like to participate. If you have any questions about the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl activities, please contact Bro. Shearry at email@example.com . Let's continue creating "An Environment Where Excellence is Expected".
- Friends and Family Day 2017 pictures have been published on the website. They can be seen by clicking here or by going to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/FriendsandFamily.html .
- Director of Child Care Education: Woodland Park Church of Christ announces a job opening for Director of Child Care Education. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Accounting Services - The Leadership is seeking accounting services proposals for Woodland Park Church of Christ, Agape United Appeal Fund and the Christian Learning Center. Any interested person may pick up a request-for-proposal on the sign-up table outside of the fellowship hall. All proposals are due by March 31, 2017.
- Birthdays for May, June and July are listed here .
- Very Important Information for people with Diabetes: The Health Ministry has provided a flyer of some very important information for people with diabetes. To access the flyer, click here .
- Calling all college students along with juniors and seniors in high school... Keep up with what's going on in the Woodland Park Church of Christ College Ministry via Remind! Enter this number 81010 and text this message "@wpcoccm". You will receive updates and reminders from the college ministry. Join Remind today!
- A Prayer Request email distribution list is being set up. Anyone needing prayer can send an email to the following address: PrayerRequest@woodlandparkcoc.com and that request will be sent to everyone on the distribution list. This distribution list needs to be developed. Anyone who would like to RECEIVE these requests should send an empty email using "Prayer Request" as the subject to TechComm@woodlandparkcoc.com. Your email address will then be added to the list. If you have any questions, please contact Bro. Larry Shearry or Bro. Corey York.
- Elders' Office Hours: The Elders have office hours at 5:00 PM on the second and third Sundays of the month. Any member who has any matter, concern, issue or question (spiritual or otherwise) are encouraged to take advantage of this time set aside by the Elders. No appointment is necessary.
- SOAR Capital Campaign: If you have not already done so, please pick up and complete your pledge card for our SOAR (Sponsoring Our Academic Readiness) Capital Campaign. Turn it in to the Leadership. You may direct any questions to Bro. Barry Gardner. Contributions to our SOAR Campaign should continue to be made using current cards and envelopes. However, checks should be made payable to "Agape United Appeal Fund". Please see Bro. Robert Beeman if you have any questions.
- Bro. Leo Looney has office hours at the church building for evangelism, counseling, and other matters. Contact him (251-3055) for each week's scheduled hours.
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Class:
Bro. Dennis Steverson, Sr. - Teacher
The Adult Bible Study class is presently exploring the following question based on their discussion of 2 Peter Chapter 1. "If you were to die today, are you sure you would be saved?"
Memorize 2 Peter 1:5-11 for July 26.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
- The Church Bus will run every Sunday. It will not run on Wednesdays. Please contact your zone leader if you need a ride. In addition, if you are a regularly scheduled rider and you do not need pick up on a particular Sunday, please contact the driver the day before (Saturday) so that they do not make an unnecessary trip to pick you up. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to contact Bro. Leo Looney, Deacon (Van Ministry).
The Church Bus will continue to pick up those who park down the hill due to the church parking lot being full. This will be done on an "as needed" basis each Sunday from 9:45 AM - 10:20 AM. The pickup spots are Heritage Lane and in the parking lot on the corner of the School of Cosmetology building.
- Homebound Worship Ministry - If you have a loved one or know of someone who is homebound and they desire the Lord's supper, please contact the appropriate zone leader or a member of our leadership. Please be sure to provide a 48 hour notice.
- Change of Address or Contact Information: Woodland Park Members: In the event information about you changes (such as a change of address or telephone number, etc.), you can submit the changes online by clicking here . If you have any questions, you may contact Sisters Dorothy Davis or Winnie White.
- Note: To all members planning activities for the congregation.... Please check the church calendar for any desired date availability PRIOR TO making announcements of your event or activities to be held at the church building. Checking the church calendar may secure your desired date. Please see Sis. Winnie White regarding the church calendar. THANK YOU!!
- Bulletin Announcements - Anyone having announcements or inserts for the weekly bulletin should submit them in writing to Sis. Winnie White by noon on Thursday of each week. You may also email the information to Sis. White at the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All information to be included in the weekly bulletin MUST BE approved by the Leadership. THANK YOU!!!
- CD's of our weekly sermons are available upon request following each service. They are free of charge to visitors and $2 each for members.
- Building use (rental) policies, procedures and fees are located here .