September Events & Information
"Let Your Love Be Seen in 2017"
- Sept. 20: Bible Bowl Team Staff Meeting from 6:00 PM - 6:50 PM.
- Sept. 22: College Ministry Event @ 7:00 PM.
- Sept. 24: 4th Sunday Singing @ 3:00 PM at Belview Heights Church of Christ.
- Sept. 27 YSA Adult Council Meeting @ 6:00 PM.
- Sept. 28: West Zone Meeting @ 6:00 PM at the church building.
- Sept. 30: Woodland Park's Annual Church Picnic from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Oct. 6: Teacher's Meeting @ 6:30 PM.
- Prayer Service will be held on Wednesday evenings before Bible Study from 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- The Faith & Fitness Exercise Class has been cancelled.
- The College Ministry will have an event on Friday evening, September 22, at 7:00 PM.
- The West Zone will meet at the church building on Thursday evening, September 28, at 6:00 PM. Bro. Carl Knight, Zone Captain.
- Woodland Park's Annual Church Picnic will be held on Saturday, September 30, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Veterans Park in Hoover. Please sign up to bring a special dish and come out and enjoy a fun day of fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Southwestern Christian College Fund Drive: The annual Southwestern Christian College Fund Drive is in progress and will run through October 29. Please give ALL donations/contributions (as well as Bowser Women dues) to Sis. Alice Sims.
- The Men's Retreat: There will be a table set up in the lobby to collect monies for the Men's Retreat immediately after each morning worship service throughout the month of September. The retreat will be held on October 13 and 14 at Ross Bridge. The cost is $150.00. This includes all meals, all beverages, the retreat t-shirt, gift bag, and honorarium for the guest speaker. Brethren, let's make this a spiritually enriching event you will be proud to be a part of. See. Bro. Keith Wright or Bro. Antoine Acosta if you have any questions. For more detailed information, click here for the flyer and click here for the card.
- Please share your photos! The Technology Committee is working on a website upgrade; and we need your photos of Church Ministry activities, events, gatherings, celebrations, and much more! Please share your images with Sis. Tracy Thomas. If you have prints, we will scan them and return them asap. If you have electronic images, please send them as email attachments to email@example.com.
- American Sign Language class will meet each first and third Sunday at 4:30 PM - 5:45 PM in Classroom #5. Please complete assignments before each class and bring a notebook for handouts.
- Visitors are welcome and invited to all of our assemblies!!!
- Sign Language is presented in our Sunday services.
- Sunday sermons PowerPoint presentations are available on the website as PDF documents. To access them, click here or go to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/sermons.html .
- Kitchen Contact: Sis. Erica Casselberry is the "Kitchen Contact" for all of September's planned events.
- Birthdays for the months of September, October and November are listed here .
- Director of Child Care Education: Woodland Park Church of Christ announces a job opening for Director of Child Care Education. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Accounting Services - The Leadership is seeking accounting services proposals for Woodland Park Church of Christ, Agape United Appeal Fund and the Christian Learning Center. Any interested person may pick up a request-for-proposal on the sign-up table outside of the fellowship hall. All proposals are due by March 31, 2017.
- Woodland Park has an official Facebook page. You may visit the page at http://www.facebook.com/woodlandparkcoc and follow us @woodlandparkcoc.
- Friends and Family Day 2017 pictures have been published on the website. They can be seen by clicking here or by going to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/FriendsandFamily.html .
- Very Important Information for people with Diabetes: The Health Ministry has provided a flyer of some very important information for people with diabetes. To access the flyer, click here .
- Elders' Office Hours: The Elders have office hours at 5:00 PM on the second and third Sundays of the month. Any member who has any matter, concern, issue or question (spiritual or otherwise) are encouraged to take advantage of this time set aside by the Elders. No appointment is necessary.
- SOAR Capital Campaign: If you have not already done so, please pick up and complete your pledge card for our SOAR (Sponsoring Our Academic Readiness) Capital Campaign. Turn it in to the Leadership. You may direct any questions to Bro. Barry Gardner. Contributions to our SOAR Campaign should continue to be made using current cards and envelopes. However, checks should be made payable to "Agape United Appeal Fund". Please see Bro. Robert Beeman if you have any questions.
- Bro. Leo Looney has office hours at the church building for evangelism, counseling, and other matters. Contact him (251-3055) for each week's scheduled hours.
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Class:
Bro. Dennis Steverson, Sr. - Teacher
The Adult Bible Study class is presently exploring the following question based on their discussion of 2 Peter Chapter 1. "If you were to die today, are you sure you would be saved?"
No memory verses for September 27.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
- The Church Bus will run every Sunday. It will not run on Wednesdays. Please contact your zone leader if you need a ride. In addition, if you are a regularly scheduled rider and you do not need pick up on a particular Sunday, please contact the driver the day before (Saturday) so that they do not make an unnecessary trip to pick you up. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to contact Bro. Leo Looney, Deacon (Van Ministry).
The Church Bus will continue to pick up those who park down the hill due to the church parking lot being full. This will be done on an "as needed" basis each Sunday from 9:45 AM - 10:20 AM. The pickup spots are Heritage Lane and in the parking lot on the corner of the School of Cosmetology building.
- Homebound Worship Ministry - If you have a loved one or know of someone who is homebound and they desire the Lord's supper, please contact the appropriate zone leader or a member of our leadership. Please be sure to provide a 48 hour notice.
- Change of Address or Contact Information: Woodland Park Members: In the event information about you changes (such as a change of address or telephone number, etc.), you can submit the changes online by clicking here . If you have any questions, you may contact Sisters Dorothy Davis or Winnie White.
- Note: To all members planning activities for the congregation.... Please check the church calendar for any desired date availability PRIOR TO making announcements of your event or activities to be held at the church building. Checking the church calendar may secure your desired date. Please see Sis. Winnie White regarding the church calendar. THANK YOU!!
- Bulletin Announcements - Anyone having announcements or inserts for the weekly bulletin should submit them in writing to Sis. Winnie White by noon on Thursday of each week. You may also email the information to Sis. White at the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All information to be included in the weekly bulletin MUST BE approved by the Leadership. THANK YOU!!!
- CD's of our weekly sermons are available upon request following each service. They are free of charge to visitors and $2 each for members.
- Building use (rental) policies, procedures and fees are located here .