August/September Events & Information
"Let Your Love Be Seen in 2017"
- Aug. 22: Faith & Fitness @ 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- Aug. 25: Singles Ministry Devotion @ 7:00 PM.
- Aug. 26: Married Ladies Class @ 1:00 PM; Married Men's Class @ 4:30 PM.
- Aug. 27: Bible Bowl Lock-In #3 @ 12 Noon.
- Aug. 27: 4th Sunday Singing @ 3:00 PM at Avondale Church of Christ.
- Aug. 29: Faith & Fitness @ 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- Sept: 10: Magic City Lectureship from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Sept. 17: Men's Training Class @ 5:00 PM
- Sept. 30: Woodland Park's Annual Church Picnic @ 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Prayer Service will be held on Wednesday evenings before Bible Study from 6:45 PM - 7:00 PM.
- The Singles Ministry will have a devotion on Friday, August 25, at 7:00 PM at the church building. We will be covering the first lesson in the book "Are you Seriously Single?" Books are still available and can be purchased from Bro. Jason Williams or Bro. Ray Hildreth for $12. Please see Bro. Williams if you have any questions.
- Magic City Lectureship: Tickets for the 2017 Magic City Lectureship are on sale for $30.00. Please see Bro. Pitts to get your tickets. The Lectureship will be held September 10, 2017 at the Bessemer Civic Center from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Southwestern Christian College Fund Drive: The annual Southwestern Christian College Fund Drive has begun and will run through October 29, 2017. Please give ALL donations/contributions (as well as Bowser Women dues) to Sis. Alice Sims.
- The Faith & Fitness Exercise Classes will be held on Tuesdays, August 22 and 29, from 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM. All classes will be held in the multi-purpose room. Attire for training: women - tights or athletic shorts, t-shirts and good supportive tennis shoes; men - athletic shorts, t-shirts and good supportive tennis shoes. Bring a towel. Fruit and water will be provided! See Bro. Keith Wright if you have any questions.
- American Sign Language class will meet each first and third Sunday at 4:30 PM - 5:45 PM in Classroom #5. Please complete assignments before each class and bring a notebook for handouts.
- Men's Retreat Update: Our retreat planning is almost over! If you plan to attend, please sign up on the sheet on the foyer table near the multi-purpose room. The cost is $150.00. See Bro. Keith Wright or Bro. Antoine Acosta to make your payments. Please make all checks payable to Keith Wright. Immediately after each service, these brothers will be down front to collect payments. See Bro. Excell Green with any questions you may have. To all men who have signed up and to those who will sign up for our men's retreat, please put your t-shirt size beside your name on the list. See Bro. Excell Green if you have any questions.
- Woodland Park's Men's Retreat 2017 has been scheduled for October 13-14, 2017 at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort in Hoover. This year's theme is appropriately titled "Leading By Example". For more detailed information, click here for the flyer and click here for the card.
- Visitors are welcome and invited to all of our assemblies!!!
- Sign Language is presented in our Sunday services.
- Sunday sermons PowerPoint presentations are available on the website as PDF documents. To access them, click here or go to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/sermons.html .
- Activities for the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl: The study texts for 2017 are Mark, Philippians and Colossians. Bible Bowl study sessions will be held in the new facility.If you are planning to attend this year's competition, please sign the sheet outside the multi-purpose room and indicate the number attending so that we can get a count for lunch. If you have any questions about the 2017 Woodland Park Bible Bowl activities, please contact Bro. Shearry at firstname.lastname@example.org . Let's continue creating "An Environment Where Excellence is Expected".
- Woodland Park has an official Facebook page. You may visit the page at http://www.facebook.com/woodlandparkcoc and follow us @woodlandparkcoc.
- Friends and Family Day 2017 pictures have been published on the website. They can be seen by clicking here or by going to the web address http://www.woodlandparkcoc.com/FriendsandFamily.html .
- Director of Child Care Education: Woodland Park Church of Christ announces a job opening for Director of Child Care Education. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Accounting Services - The Leadership is seeking accounting services proposals for Woodland Park Church of Christ, Agape United Appeal Fund and the Christian Learning Center. Any interested person may pick up a request-for-proposal on the sign-up table outside of the fellowship hall. All proposals are due by March 31, 2017.
- Very Important Information for people with Diabetes: The Health Ministry has provided a flyer of some very important information for people with diabetes. To access the flyer, click here .
- Elders' Office Hours: The Elders have office hours at 5:00 PM on the second and third Sundays of the month. Any member who has any matter, concern, issue or question (spiritual or otherwise) are encouraged to take advantage of this time set aside by the Elders. No appointment is necessary.
- SOAR Capital Campaign: If you have not already done so, please pick up and complete your pledge card for our SOAR (Sponsoring Our Academic Readiness) Capital Campaign. Turn it in to the Leadership. You may direct any questions to Bro. Barry Gardner. Contributions to our SOAR Campaign should continue to be made using current cards and envelopes. However, checks should be made payable to "Agape United Appeal Fund". Please see Bro. Robert Beeman if you have any questions.
- Bro. Leo Looney has office hours at the church building for evangelism, counseling, and other matters. Contact him (251-3055) for each week's scheduled hours.
- Wednesday Night Adult Bible Class:
Bro. Dennis Steverson, Sr. - Teacher
The Adult Bible Study class is presently exploring the following question based on their discussion of 2 Peter Chapter 1. "If you were to die today, are you sure you would be saved?"
No memory verse for August 23.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
- The Church Bus will run every Sunday. It will not run on Wednesdays. Please contact your zone leader if you need a ride. In addition, if you are a regularly scheduled rider and you do not need pick up on a particular Sunday, please contact the driver the day before (Saturday) so that they do not make an unnecessary trip to pick you up. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to contact Bro. Leo Looney, Deacon (Van Ministry).
The Church Bus will continue to pick up those who park down the hill due to the church parking lot being full. This will be done on an "as needed" basis each Sunday from 9:45 AM - 10:20 AM. The pickup spots are Heritage Lane and in the parking lot on the corner of the School of Cosmetology building.
- Homebound Worship Ministry - If you have a loved one or know of someone who is homebound and they desire the Lord's supper, please contact the appropriate zone leader or a member of our leadership. Please be sure to provide a 48 hour notice.
- Change of Address or Contact Information: Woodland Park Members: In the event information about you changes (such as a change of address or telephone number, etc.), you can submit the changes online by clicking here . If you have any questions, you may contact Sisters Dorothy Davis or Winnie White.
- Note: To all members planning activities for the congregation.... Please check the church calendar for any desired date availability PRIOR TO making announcements of your event or activities to be held at the church building. Checking the church calendar may secure your desired date. Please see Sis. Winnie White regarding the church calendar. THANK YOU!!
- Bulletin Announcements - Anyone having announcements or inserts for the weekly bulletin should submit them in writing to Sis. Winnie White by noon on Thursday of each week. You may also email the information to Sis. White at the following email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. All information to be included in the weekly bulletin MUST BE approved by the Leadership. THANK YOU!!!
- CD's of our weekly sermons are available upon request following each service. They are free of charge to visitors and $2 each for members.
- Building use (rental) policies, procedures and fees are located here .